Re: TR futures

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR futures
From: "Triumph TR4" <triumphtr4@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:34:11 -0500
I'd like to second every ones comments about the fun of driving our LBC's.
I have two of them which I use every day when they are both working.  I
maintain them myself and occasionally, I have to take one of them out of
circulation to do maintenance.  I have had the TR4 since new in Jan 1966,
driving it every day to work for 17 years, before retiring it, to backup
transportation.  I also have a 1971 Stag, which has been a great car.  I
have taken it to the Roadster Factory from Florida three times.  This year
I plan to take it to VTR2005 in Rockford, IL.  I use my Stag for long
distance cruising, and the TR4 for local roads.  Theses are great cars!  I
have overhauled both and I agree it is much cheaper to buy parts then own a
new car every 4 years.  I decided when I retired in 1997, that I no longer
required two new cars in the garage.  I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee for my
wife, to haul grandchildren around, vacations, and haul the boat around.  I
am happy in my LBC's in all but inclement weather, when they are not
without leaks.  Why couldn't the Brit's have designed a good top?  I get
looks from the youngsters where ever I go, often with a thumbs-up.  FT, how
was England last week?
Darwin
1965 TR4
1971 Stag