Re: VIN Number location

To: BearTranserv@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VIN Number location
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:45:56 -0500
In a message dated 2/17/2005 12:09:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
BearTranserv@aol.com writes:

>Success!  I called the state of NM with the plate number (not  registered
>since 1994) and they gave me the VIN....BCT14622L . Does that  look right?  I
>ordered a heritage certificate today with that number.

======
Good idea on your part. Yes, the number looks right. As I recall, the first "B"
might indicate a Belgian-assembled car. That, in turn, might lead to limited
success on the heritage certificate, as the "CKD" records aren't always as
complete?

--Andy Mace