Re: Using later style caliper piston in TR250 early TR6 16P

To: Richard Seaton <rsh17@MSN.COM>,
Subject: Re: Using later style caliper piston in TR250 early TR6 16P
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 15:56:53 -0400
Hi Richard,

I'm confused by your response. I understand the pistons are different. The
question is are the
calipers different between 16P and 16BP with respect to where the spring clip
holds the dust boot to
the caliper?

This is what Nelson says...

=================
The type number on the casting was changed from TYPE 16P to TYPE 16BP when the
piston style was
changed.  There was no change to the caliper castings at this time other than
the number.

Either piston type will fit in all TR250 & TR6 caliper castings.

I plan to use only the later style pistons whenever I have to replace the
pistons because I think
the later style boot is a more effective shield.

Are you saying you have both 16P and 16BP calipers and you are sure they are
different with respect
to where the spring clip holds the dust boot to the caliper? Nelson says they
are not different.

Still confused I guess.

Don Malling