RE: The value of analogue - New Sports cars vs. old - very long

To: "Rich White" <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: The value of analogue - New Sports cars vs. old - very long
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:24:08 -0400
Hi Rich:

I was thinking of exactly the same thing. I have a colleague who is a bit of an
audiophile. Tube amplifiers from Britain etc. A quite nice home stereo that he
fully admits isn't the best on market, but still good. Receiver,
pre-amplifiers, amplifier and speakers for one room = $45,000. He wishes he
could afford "the real thing". And it works for a solid 1000 hours between
replacements of groups of tubes that go for minimum $500-1000 each.

I'm saving for a sailboat. It's much harder to make wind obsolete.

Mark