Re: TR4 Door Check Straps

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Door Check Straps
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:57:41 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Endicott"
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 11:11 AM
Subject: TR4 Door Check Straps

> My car has a metal door check restraint, that makes a lot of noise when
the
> door is opened to the limit.  Is there some other type available that is
> quiet,  I don't care if the door won't stay open.

Mark:

Of all the TR4 / 4A owners that I know, you are the first to complain about
the very unique "snap" sound that the door check makes when fully opened.
Never really looked at a cure for that sound but I would think a piece of
custom made leather would do it even though I can't understand why it bugs
you.  I consider it to be the 4 & 4A's "signature" sound.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
65 TR4A