Re: TR4 Door Check Straps

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Door Check Straps
From: "antipenultimate@juno.com" <antipenultimate@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:30:24 GMT
I've got a 72 TR6 that makes the same noise, so I'll assume that the check
strap came from the same Triumph parts bin.  What I found was that the rivet
that holds the two pieces of the metal check strap together was worn.  In fact,
mine had been replaced by a simple screw which was loose.  I suspect replacing
this rivet will help.  In my car, I used a nut and bolt, and wrapped electrical
tape around the bolt until it was tight in the hole.  With the two pieces of
the check strap held more securely together, the snap was much quieter in one
door and gone altogether in the other.

Now includes pop-up blocker!