RE: Bond Film Stag

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bond Film Stag
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:08:53 -0700
> Even the fastest production 71 Mach I (the 429 SCJ with the 4.11
> dragpack rear end) could at best do 0 to 60 in 6.0 seconds according
> to roadtests in a Mustang book I have.  They were just too heavy.

They were also seriously limited by the tires available at the time.  I can
remember riding in one (maybe not a 71 but close) while I was in high school,
and the owner complained quite a bit that it was hard to drive ... the least
touch of the throttle in 1st gear would spin the rear wheels on dry pavement and
the car was almost unsafe to drive in the wet.  I would think that modern tires
would shave several tenths off that time.

Randall