su conversion tr6

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: su conversion tr6
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:46:17 -0400
I've had a set of SU's sitting in a box for a few years.
The rubber diaphrams in the zenith's have developed some rips which is causing
a great loss of power,
While waiting for new diaphrams to come ; i was going to put the Su' on but I
seem to be missing something.

The SU's have two  levers.
The one toward the manifold controls the butterflies; but it is just loose
with no spring unlike the strombergs.
The front levers have springs; which i believe to be for the choke.
I've got two connecting rods with the carbs; one of which has the control rod
assemby; which i think should go to the levers without the springs.
I just don't seem how this works without some sort of return spring.
Of course none of the automotive parts place have the Hayne SU repair book; so
I could see what I'am dealing with.
Can anyone visualize what I'am talking about??
As I was once told ; if I could hold it closer to the phone u might be able to
see it.

  lol

Al    Salvatore