Gear Reduction Starter - wiring question - TR4A.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gear Reduction Starter - wiring question - TR4A.
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:23:36 -0700
List,

I have a question about the wiring for a gear reduction starter that I'm
putting into my TR4A (that, shockingly, didn't come with any directions!).
It is my understanding that, in order to keep my original push-button
starter solenoid, I have to wire the two terminals on the gear reduction
starter together (between the starter post and the smaller, solenoid
'excite' terminal).  The question is, can anyone that kept their original
solenoid AND has a gear reduction starter with a solenoid on it verify this
connection arrangement?  I'd rather change it now than blow it up later!

As always, thanks for any advice!

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A