tr3 motor mounts

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr3 motor mounts
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:43:46 -0400
I have hard rubber blocks identical to the rubber blocks used in my 60 TR3A's
two front motor mounts.  Because of having these blocks on hand, I've delved
into replacing mine, now I don't know if I did the right thing or not.

 I seperated the front and back metal plate (on one motor mount) and glued in
the new rubber block.  The old one was stuck on so good that it required using
a sawzall to remove the old rubber!  But even though Triumph used a superior
glue on the motor mounts (and BTW, there is no bolt running through the middle
of them), it seems like, it would not hold the motor by itselft.  Perhaps the
propellor shaft really holds the motor back from sliding.  Or is it the motor
mounts?
Thanks, Paul Dorsey