RE: Upper fulcrum

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Upper fulcrum
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:39:53 -0700
> I'm in the process of doing a complete front end rebuild on the TR3A and  the
> upper fulcrum is a little chewed up, not outlandishly so but it's not
> machined and smooth.  Kind of pitted and probably slightly out of
> round.  Rubbers
> were still there so it had to be a DPO.  The  bushings fit over it so I'm
> wondering if I should replace the fulcrum or  will the urethane
> bushings make up
> for the irregularities?

IMO, rubber would be more tolerant of a rough surface than polyurethane.  The
(soft) rubber deflects, while the poly ones turn on the pivot (I believe, could
be wrong).

OTOH, we're only talking about somewhat shortened life, which is probably still
far longer than the rubber ones last.  So it kind of depends on your pocketbook,
and how much you hate the idea of changing those bushings sooner rather than
later because you didn't replace the pins now.

BTW, TRF has the pins on sale at the moment for $40 each.

Randall