RE: Upper Fulcrum

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Upper Fulcrum
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:37:10 -0700
> Alternatively, the nylatron (white nylon) bushings used on the

Just a minor correction to Alan's otherwise excellent summation ... true
Nylatron (it's a brand name) is not white but rather a medium gray.  This comes
from the MoS2 (moly) loaded into the nylon, to lower it's coefficient of
friction.

> lower, inner joints could also be used.

The kit I got (which I believe came originally from TriumphTune, although I
bought it from BFE a long time ago) came with bushings, sleeves and washers for
all 8 inner joints.  No length trimming was required, but the instructions said
to ream the bushings to size after pushing them into the arms.

> However, be warned that nylatron
> bushings in the upper joint will be noisier and transfer more "road" to the
> suspension,

I didn't find it to be objectionable, but I also ran much softer compound tires,
which may have played a part.

Does anyone know offhand if the Nylatron (as opposed to white nylon) kits are
still available ?  Don't plan to do it right away, but when I get around to
rebuilding the front suspension of my 'new' TR3, I'd like to go back to the
Nylatron.  I really like that "riding on rails" handling.  If I want a refined
ride, I can always drive the Stag.

Randall