TR4 Steering Racks

To: Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Steering Racks
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:40:42 -0700
A while ago there was glut of steering gear racks that came on the
market. I believe this was due to the inner tie rods that became
available after a long drought, and it seems that from reading the
emails quite a few people replaced/upgraded theirs. As far as I know
these racks are rebuilt, but use new parts where needed. I'm interested
in replacing mine (it has a worn spot on the rack, and the inner rods
are worn as well).

So, for those of you that replaced theirs, how have they been holding
up? Who'd you get it from? And, how is the quality?

Thx, Johnnie
'67 TR4A
'71 P1800E