TR4 Oil Pump

To: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR4 Oil Pump
From: john.dunham@teradyne.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:32:06 -0400
Well, I have dismantled everything else on the car, why not the oil pump?
As the block, head, crank & rods are out at the machine shop, I have
started cleaning up other misc engine parts.  I wanted to check the
clearances in the pump to determine whether to buy a new one or not.  Took
things apart, and all looks well.  Clearances are well within the Bently
specs.  However, as I was fiddling with the parts, I realize that the outer
rotor has a small chamfer that runs around the outside on one end.  I
unfortunately cannot recall if the chamfer fits down inside the body, or
towards the end plate of the pump.
I think it fits down inside the body, but if anybody knows for sure, please
let me know.  The manual does not show or describe.
Thanks again.
John Dunham
Development Engineering
Teradyne Connection Systems