TR4 Oil Pump

To: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR4 Oil Pump
From: john.dunham@teradyne.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:22:24 -0400
Sorry if this gets posted twice...  If it does, it is my mistake, not
yours.
Well, I have dismantled everything else on the car, why not the oil pump?
As the block, head, crank & rods are out at the machine shop, I have
started cleaning up other misc engine parts.  I wanted to check the
clearances in the pump to determine whether to buy a new one or not.  Took
things apart, and all looks well.  Clearances are well within the Bently
specs.  However, as I was fiddling with the parts, I realize that the outer
rotor has a small chamfer that runs around the outside on one end.  I
unfortunately cannot recall if the chamfer fits down inside the body, or
towards the end plate of the pump.
I think it fits down inside the body, but if anybody knows for sure, please
let me know.  The manual does not show or describe.
Thanks again.
John D