RE: A few TR-3A things

To: "Augustine, Scott \(LNG-CSP\)" <Scott.Augustine@lexisnexis.com>,
Subject: RE: A few TR-3A things
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:33:11 -0700
>       I have a couple of loose wires on the passenger side at the
> connector bundle up by the head light.  2 Green/Brown and one Green/Red
> wire, where do they go?

The two green/brown wires get connected together (as I recall, by a 4-way
connector with the other two holes left empty).  The green/red doesn't go
anywhere, it just gets covered by a 2-way connector with the other end left
empty.  These are both artifacts of the "ambidextrous" wiring harness ... on a
RHS car the control head connected to the harness at these connectors.

>       The spring on the cowl vent that is supposed to hold it open and
> closed, what does it attach to other that the vent lid.  Mine isn't doing
> either of its functions.

The part of the hinge that bolts to the car should have some small tabs that
protrude upwards, the straight part of the spring is supposed to be trapped
between the tabs and the body.

>       Bleeding the brakes from new.  All the lines, master and slave
> cylinders are empty.  I can't seem to get it to start pumping fluid.  I
> didn't see how I could bench bleed the master cylinders.  I've tried both
> and Easy-bleed and a Mighty-Vac, even both at the same time with no result.

Try bleeding the MC by loosening the fitting at the outlet.  That usually works.

Randall