Re: Rack & Pinion Steering - what grease/oil?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rack & Pinion Steering - what grease/oil?
From: "Chris Bohn" <cbohn@sidepipe.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 18:14:47 -0700
Speaking of steering racks, I'm confused about what lube I should use on my
TR4A. The factory manual says to give it 3-4 strokes of the grease gun every
6K, which is what it says to do with those pesky trunnions, too.  It's not
real clear on what kind of grease, but we know now to use gear oil in the
trunnions.   I also saw in one of the Roadster Factory booklets that GL4 is
also the right stuff for steering racks. So, is it grease or gear oil?
Anyone know?

Many thanks,

Chris