Brakes, fading pedal

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes, fading pedal
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:35:29 -0400
Hi list,
        After a winter of getting the bugs out of my TR6.  I'm down to the
last two items.  One item is the brakes.  When I apply them they are firm
and stop well., but if I keep my foot on the pedal lightly, as at a stop
light, the pedal will slowly fade under my foot.  If I keep hard stopping
pressure on the pedal, the pedal remains firm.  My suspicion is the master
cylinder.  I replaced it last year and think that it may need to be bench
bled again or, perhaps some of the seals are leaking internally.
        I'd appreciate a heads up from anyone who has had a similar
experience. I only want to have to fix this twice : ) Thanks.
Bob Rochlin