RE: Brakes, fading pedal

To: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Brakes, fading pedal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:59:19 -0700
> When I apply them they are firm
> and stop well., but if I keep my foot on the pedal lightly, as at a stop
> light, the pedal will slowly fade under my foot.

That's a classic symptom of seals leaking inside the MC.  Assuming the level in
the reservoir isn't dropping, the MC is the only possibility.

> I replaced it last year

Almost sounds like you got some natural rubber seals but didn't use Castrol
brake fluif.  Another possibility might be that the bore corroded in storage ...
check it carefully before you replace the seals.

Randall