Re: External oil feed line

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: External oil feed line
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:51:34 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>
To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>; <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:42 AM
Subject: External oil feed line

>    I just purchased an oil feed line to go with my Goodparts roller
> rockers and there were no instructions included.  Anyone have directions
> or better yet a photo of how it attaches?   Thanks in advance.   John
> Mitchell  76 TR6

John-
     On the back of the head on the distributor side corner, you will find a
bolt. Remove the bolt and this is where the banjo bolt to your external feed
goes. The base of the feed threads into the port where the oil pressure
gauge tube goes (also on the dizzy side of the block). You should have a "T"
type of adaptor with your kit, this will allow for the oil pressure gauge
and the external feed to the head to be plumbed in.
    A word of caution: installing an external feed kit will allow more oil
flow to the rocker shaft and consequently, it will allow more oil to the
valve guides. The intake valves may suck oil from over-run vacuum through
the guides upon deceleration. This will cause the engine to smoke (burn
oil). The more worn that the valve guides are, the worse the smoke will be.
This problem can be solved by installing early '60's Chrysler Hemi umbrella
type valve seals on the intake valve stems. These seals are readily
available at most of your local parts places.
Good luck-
Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6 engine done, not in yet
70 GT6+ coming soon