Re: TR6 Top on TR4

To: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Top on TR4
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:11:11 -0400
I also like the idea of a TR6 zippable top for my 4A. When I order my top
from AA Best, I am going to request that they either custom sew a zippable
top into a 4A top, or give me a TR6 top (no reflective bits) with no
hardware around back, if that will work

I have both a TR6 convertible top frame and a TR4A convertible top frame.
With the exception of the side rails on the TR6 frame, the frames'
geometries look near identical. I haven't taken measurements, but I will
measure the frames to confirm my hunch that the 4A frame might accept a 6
top. Someone like Larry Learn in central PA, up the street from TRF, would
know the answer on the drop of a hat.

If you're retrofitting it to an existing top, take it to a local upholsterer
who might charge a lot less than AMCO, E-Z ON.

Atb,

Ted

--
T.L.L.