Creepy tool

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Creepy tool
From: Jim Wallace <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 22:55:44 -0400
I have been heating with wood for 20+ years off and on and have looked at
many options for cutting and splitting. Last year I bought a 30" circular
saw http://www.geocities.com/wallaces_23/saw.html that runs off the pto of
the tractor, and it is a wonderful thing. Same reaction from people: "how
dangerous!!" - and they're right. It is bloody dangerous, and so is the
Stickler, and so is a logsplitter - in the hands of people who are not
safety conscious.
Having considered all the possibilities, I believe the most dangerous (wood
heat related) tool is a dull chainsaw - and I suspect that's what most
people use.
Now on the LBC side of things - I have been criticized in the past for
suggesting an airtight woodstove as garage heat, due to safety - there is
fuel around etc. I wonder, do those people who shudder at that thought
studiously avoid welding, or propane torches, or angle grinders in their
garages?
Maybe folks who are devoid of at least a dollop of common sense should
consider less risky activities.
(Now watch me cut my arm off on the weekend.)
Jim
 >OK, I know it's not LBC, but I had to point this one out.
 >
 >Go to www.thestickler.com and check out this innovative log splitter.

......I can see somebody breaking his arm with this thing.