Re: TR3A radiator R & R

To: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>, <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A radiator R & R
From: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 19:49:21 -0700
At 20:35 -0400 5/5/05, THOMAS FANSHER wrote:
>Sounds like you've got it all covered. You probably have the sleeved
>thermostat, I think that's important, too.

Living in Phoenix I never need the bypass.  So I bought a cap for
copper water pipe that just fits in the hose going from the
thermostat housing to the cylinder head.  I drilled a 1/8 inch hole
(just like the one in the thermostat) in the top of the cap to avoid
trapping a air pockets & thus I have blocked bypass 95% of the way
all the time.

BTW, where are you in Central FLA??  I spent 13 years in Ormond Beach.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE

5483 W Potter Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308