RE: 4A tranny top hat bushing

To: "Jim Wallace" <jim.wallace@netscape.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 4A tranny top hat bushing
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 22:18:47 -0700
> I have been advised to replace the top hat bushing as a matter of course
> while rebuilding the transmission. It runs in my mind that there were a
> batch that were not so good in recent times; can someone tell me which ones
> are known to be good?

My understanding is that they were mixed together, the only way to tell is to
measure the one you get.  The bushing has to protrude from the gear by the
specified amount.  It's in the book but I don't remember offhand, maybe .025" ?
Also check that it slides freely both in the gear and on the shaft.

Randall