RE: TR3 Voltage Stabilizer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Voltage Stabilizer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 20:48:45 -0700
> I'm asking this question for a friend without WWW access...he is restoring a
> TR3 and is looking for a voltage stabilizer... he said it's the same as an
> early TR4 which is different than the TR250/TR6 one.  So the questions..is
> there such an item?  and if any suggestions on where to obtain it... he said
> the usual suspects didn't have one.

The TR3 did not originally have a voltage stabilizer.  The temperature gauge was
mechanical, and the fuel gauge was a "balanced" design that did not require a
constant voltage supply.

TRF has the early TR4 stabilizer listed as "current", but an original TR3 fuel
gauge will not work properly with one in the circuit.

Randall