TR registration question, what is a driver?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR registration question, what is a driver?
From: "JPG" <jpg2@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 23:44:47 -0500
I'm a member of the Illinois Sports Owners Assoc., which is sponsoring
this year's VTR convention in Rockford, Illinois. To clear up the
registration issue raised earlier on this list, I went to the
convention's registrar.His answer follows.

Jack Gleason
59 TR3A

Driver vs. Non-Driver for VTR 2005 Convention Registration

A driver is a person who is registered for the convention and will be
participating in competition events (Autocross, funkhana, TSD) in
addition to the social events.  The first person registering a vehicle
is automatically a "driver".

A non-driver is a person who is registered for the convention and but
will not participate in competition events and will not be eligible for
trophies.  The second person listed on the registration form (usually a
spouse, occasionally a son or daughter, but always in the same family)
has the option to be registered as a driver or a non-driver.  Additional
family members can be registered as non-drivers on the same registration
form.

This is the same pricing structure as we used in the 1995 convention.
FYI - the early registration deadline expires for registrations
postmarked after May 15.  Save $10 and send your registration in this
week!

Tim Buja - VTR 2005 Registrar - Rockford, IL
http://www.vtr2005.org

pethier@isd.net wrote:

I'm trying to fill out my VTR registration today for Rockford.

Is there an echo in here?  :-)

I'm confused about charges for extra drivers, and what is a driver?

My wife and I are going to the convention, with no other people.  I will
be driving at the autocross.

How do we determine whether Sue is a "a driver"?
How do we determine whether we need to pay extra for a driver or a
non-driver?

There is something about the price structure that was either not
thought-out or is inadequately explained.