Re: TR registration question, what is a driver?

To: jpg2@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR registration question, what is a driver?
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 01:32:06 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/2005 11:47:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jpg2@comcast.net writes:

A driver  is a person who is registered for the convention and will be
participating  in competition events (Autocross, funkhana, TSD) in
addition to the social  events.  The first person registering a vehicle
is automatically a  "driver".

A non-driver is a person who is registered for the convention  and but
will not participate in competition events and will not be eligible  for
trophies.
NOW I am confused. A navigator is a non-driver and is most definitely
eligible for trophies. The Carolinas Cup is awarded by car number and if  the
car
belongs to a couple, both names will be engraved on the permanent  trophy, if
the winners so designate - whether they've paid your club an extra 15  bucks or
not.

The  second person listed on the registration form (usually a
spouse,  occasionally a son or daughter, but always in the same family)
has the  option to be registered as a driver or a non-driver.
I've only been to 4 other conventions, but I don't recall seeing anything
like this before - there has always been a place (i think) for 2 signatures:
Driver A and Driver B - on this form there is only space for 1 signature:
Driver
 A - and you're going to charge another $15 if my wife wants to drive the
autocross (not likely this year) or if we exchange seats for a funkhana  run?
(possible - she doesn't like to throw stuff) I don't recall ever seeing
anything like that before.

Cheers
Jack Mc