Re: Tr6 rear wheel

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr6 rear wheel
From: "Wesley J. Radstaak, B.Sc., P.Ag." <wes_mwi@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:42:13 -0600
>I am in the process of restoring a 1971 TR6. I have completely stripped the
>car(engine, interior etc.) and now have completed the front suspensin
>rebuild.prior to this the body was sent out for stripping and repainting
>and it is looking great.When the car returned the drivers side rear wheel
>would not turn. I managed to get some motion by using a lever and a lot of
>force but it certainly is not like the other side. Could this be a frozen
>brake or a more serious problem. How should I go about making the
>diagnosis. I was hoping not to rebuild the rear suspension.

Art,
I would start by taking off the wheel and drum cover.  See if there is
anything obvious.  Might be as simple as a stuck e-brake.  See if the
bearing assembly turns once you take the cover off.

Rear bearings are lots of grief and lots of bucks.  I have just gone through
it, trust me.  :-(

Wes
73 TR6 CF1195UO

Wesley J. Radstaak, B.Sc., P.Ag