RE: Looking For TR3 -TR4A Part

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Looking For TR3 -TR4A Part
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:25:22 -0700
> To solve the
> problem I need the later model mounting plates that were used on
> later TR3As & Bs and TR4As.

Just to clarify, Jack, the brackets you're asking for were only used on
later TR4 through TR6.  Later TR3A, TR3B and early TR4 all used the same
brackets as TR3 with disc brakes.

They're fairly easy to distinguish, as the section that bolts to the
vertical link is round on the later brackets, nearly square on the early
ones.  They do show up used on eBay from time to time, for not much money.

Stanpart numbers are 133499 & 133500.

> Does anyone have some extra caliper mounting plates (RH & LH) to sell?

Sorry, I don't.  Might have some rebuildable early brake calipers, though,
if you decide to go back to stock.  I've wondered if that small difference
in rotor diameter isn't the reason all the TR6 folk seem to think they need
to upgrade their front brakes, while my TR3A brakes work great (or did until
the guy behind me didn't stop).

Randall