oil leaks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil leaks
From: tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:59:48 -0400
Hi listers,

Before you get on my case, I know that our cars leak oil....some more than
others, but I just finished rebuilding this engine and tranny for my 60 TR3 and
I have this annoying leak in the OD unit.

It's coming from the intermediate (pump housing) case seam where its bolted to
the annulus casting. This case is bolted from the inside and it would be a
royal PIA to take the motor out again.

Is there anything I can do to seal it from the outside until I get motivated to
tackle it over the winter? I just got it back on the road and I really want to
drive it for the summer.

Thanks

Bob Stahlbush