TR3A Originality Minutia

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Originality Minutia
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:52:21 -0700
Have the TR3A dash apart and it takes no more time to put it back
together 'right' than to put it back 'wrong' so...

The TRA concours manual describes the instrument layout of a TR3A as
[Speedo - Tach] (i.e. Speedo on left).

For the center panel they show:
[Oil..........Fuel]
[Temp.........Amps]

I probably believe them but looking at wiring diagrams, factory photos,
Piggott's books, etc then confuses the matter with RHD vs LHD not
helping much either.

Also, the switches in the center panel... Piggott book says panel switch
at the top and wipers below it but some wiring diagrams reverse these
two (possibly when the rheostat panel switch was introduced?).

Finally, any notion of when that rheostat first appeared?  (Piggott just
sez 'late TR3As').

Looking for concensus on what TS47905L would have probably looked like
originally. I realize there may have never been 100% consistency in many
fittings but would like to be in the majority.  Thanks for any help.

Geo Hahn