Now I know...

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Now I know...
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:56:58 -0400
My TR6 and I have been having an ongoing squabble.  I feel like it's one of
those ongoing fights that started so long ago that I don't remember what
started it, but today I did make some progress.  Lately - how's that for
vague - my car hasn't been running well.  It's been one thing after another.
I sent the harmonic damper off to Cali last week to get redampened and
borrowed one from a club member.  This gave me the opportunity to pull my
radiator and drain the fluid and scrape up my knuckles a bit.  After
successfully installing the temporary damper I finally had a renewed sense
of peace and was sure that my car would reward me with a fun blast up the
road..

Well, um, no.  The car was now noticeably missing.  So I checked the usual
suspects, timing, plugs, wires, etc.  All to no avail.  Hmm, I better check
the valves.  Yeah, that will fix it!!!  Um, nope.  Next up was a compression
check, but I KNOW that's fine.

So here we go -

#1         120 lbs.

#3         100 lbs.

#4         120 lbs.

#5         110 lbs.

#6         125 lbs.

Wait!!!!! You forgot #2.

Um, it's hard to tell if it ever moved from zero.  Damn, I didn't know that
the Prince of Darkness could also get into your head.  I guess now I know
why the car felt a little sluggish recently.

It looks like we're going to start the first course with a redo on the head.
Luckily I have an extra head that will be going to the machine shop soon.

But, if I'm redoing the head, I'll want to shave it a bit, and if I shave it
a bit, then a hotter cam would be nice, and the muffler is getting on in
age, and..

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>
CC54994