Re: Now I know...

To: 70TR6@mindspring.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now I know...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:11:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/2005 10:05:46 PM Central Standard Time,
70TR6@mindspring.com writes:
> But, if I'm redoing the head, I'll want to shave it a bit, and if I shave
> it
> a bit, then a hotter cam would be nice, and the muffler is getting on in
> age, and..

Shaving the head is a nice thing to do.  I had .060 taken off my 71 TR6 head
and I have no running problems with midgrade gas.  The machinist also rounded
the sharp edges in the combustion chamber which helps with pre-ignition.

Changing the cam is a whole 'nother operation.  You have to pull the radiator
and grill and the front of the engine all of which is not necessary with a
head change.

Since it was the path of least resistance I chose to not change my camshaft
at this time.  (Besides, I am planing on a short block overhaul soon anyway)

Enjoy.

Dave