RE: VTR it's my turn

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VTR it's my turn
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:14:14 -0700
> The VTR Board has done a great job and they've been good stewards
> of our money.

Interesting you should mention that Jerry ... can you explain to me what does
happen to all that money ?  2700 members times $30/year is over $80,000/year;
plus whatever they take in for all the ads in TVT.  No doubt the lion's share
goes to printing and mailing TVT, but surely it doesn't come to $7.50/issue ?
The website surely can't cost that much ... high quality web hosting with 20 Gb
of on-line storage and unmetered bandwidth is only $120/year ...

I know VTR at one time took part in getting NLA manuals and parts reproduced,
but AFAIK that hasn't happened for a long time.

I'm also curious as to why VTR hasn't applied for non-profit status ?  Just the
reduction in postage costs is considerable, when multiplied by 10,000 mailings
per year.

Not flaming anyone, just curious.
Randall