RE: VTR Site Restricted

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VTR Site Restricted
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:51:01 -0700
> After some reflection, and in spite of the fact that I think that anyone who
> is concerned about spending $25 for VTR membership

Minor point, Dave, it's $30/year (more if you live outside the US).

> Does Mark check to see if a person posting to this list has sent in a
> donation lately?

No, in fact he's quite emphatic that the list is for everyone, whether or not
they donate.  Donations are purely voluntary, AFAIK the donor list isn't even
disclosed.

> It's like the fastener isle in the local hardware store.

Not sure I like the analogy of reading something on the Internet to stealing
nuts & bolts at the hardware store.  After all, VTR still has the information
even after I've read it, while the local hardware store cannot sell the nuts &
bolts that have "walked".  There might be some similarity, if they were using a
metered web host, but surely they aren't !?

Randall