RE: TR6 electrical problems

To: "Tom Bottman" <tbottman@earthlink.net>, <DANMAS@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: TR6 electrical problems
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 21:12:02 -0700
> However, now the lights and everything else works. BUT . . . when I try to
> start, all I have is the "CLICK".
> I really don't want to take that new starter/solenoid out and check it out.
> I have checked the current from the starter relay to the starter (with a
> simple "light bulb test") and it seems like the relay is sending power to
> the starter.

Have you tried this with the starter still connected ?  If the light bulb lights
when connected from the starter terminal to the starter body, and the starter
doesn't crank, then the problem must be inside the starter.  But the currents
involved are substantial, so it's entirely possible to have a connection or
contact that will pass enough current to light a bulb, but not enough to run the
starter or even it's solenoid.

Randall