Re: No Good Deed...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Good Deed...
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:59:21 EDT
Hi Bill,

The Dixon show was excellent and my only regret is that we got there so
late... about 3 pm (Other commitments, including the San Jose Street Rod show,
before making the 2+ hr. trek to Dixon).

There were a ton of Triumphs this year! I really got a kick out of the 4x4
Spitfire and the all-aluminum retro racer (formerly a TR6). I'm equally
appreciative of the other end of the spectrum, a crowd of meticulously restored
cars.
I don't envy the judges trying to select a winner in any of the classes.

Congrats on both awards, especially among such a strong field of cars!

Cheers and kudos to all who worked to put the show together! Great job!

Hey! Maybe next year my TR4 will be able to attend it's first show! If so, is
there a class for British Hot Rods? ;-)

Nursing a sunburn... as I imagine many Dixon attendees are today.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

Subject: No Good Deed ...

No good  deed  goes unpunished ... I have spent  4 years trying to
get at least 3  small mouth Triumphs (TR2, TR3) to pre-register  at
our UBSCC car show at Dixon ... well this  year there  were Four (4)
...  Three  really great TR2s and Casper ... Casper  did take 2nd
place, but I think  it was a sympathy vote ... Oh ...   the
punishment  ... Well AnnaBelle  entered  Rosey (1970 TR6) for the
FIRST TIME ...  and  took  1st  Place ...