Re: TVTR one club

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TVTR one club
From: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:08:18 -0600
Not to be picky Fred but the "Antique Auto Club of
> America"  is hardly a "one marque club".

I've never attended a VTR or Triumphfest but I can't imagine walking up
and down lines of the same cars. I guess I'm too easily bored. Don't
get me wrong, I love my TR's but I also enjoy MGs, Healys, Sprites,
Minis Jags Morgans, Fiats, Alphas, Lancias. Alpines. Tigers, AC, Hot
Rods, Classics, Antiques, etc. etc. I guess I'm more of a "Car Guy" who
subscribes to the philosophy that "life is short, don't drive boring
cars."
Locally, I belong to the "Edmonton Classic Sports Car Club" where the
philosophy is " The cars are the members- we just tag along". It's
primarily British with many Triumphs of all variants MG's Minis, Healys
etc. and even a Miata. ( Hey he also has an Alpine).  Some are
beautiful restored creampuffs, most are not. We host a biannual "All
British Field Meet" where the emphasis is on getting the cars out and
enjoying the company.
That to me is the important part. We drive what we do because we enjoy
doing so. We get together because we share common interests. What more
do you need?

Don
TR4a, TR6

The above is my opinion. If it wasn't somebody else would have said it.