TR3a parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a parts
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:33:33 -0700 (PDT)
prices for the complete assemblies n/a at Moss etc. Thanks but I prefer
not to for 2 good reasons. 1. I've looked there for the past 3yrs and
never found much in parts. 2. These parts are rare to find and I prefer
they go to genuine TR folks. You never know what someone buying on Ebay is
going to do with them. The latter point brings back my early Healy days
living on the beach No.of San Diego. The junk yards were a mecca of any UK
part you could want. This time was a learning time. We've all seen the
igits who drop a GM V8 in a Brit chassis. The junk yards were a classroom
of the results of igits handiwork. Putting Koni shccks on big Healeys was
all the rage then and yes you can guess where the results could be found.
By the way I neglected to say I think the parts I have are from TS24896L.
Sorry I'm keeping the hardtop. But this brings a question for you before I
try it myself. I'm a woodworker (thinking of making forms to fiberglass
fenders etc as I've the spares off), that was an aside. The plexiglass
window broke in my hands (brittle). Plexi works just like wood. Has anyone
tried bending a sheet to a form to make a window? I agree the catalog
price is way too much. I may be doing dashboards too. Certainly I'm doing
one for me.
Thanks Ed Anderson