New (to me) trick for loosening stuck bolts/nuts

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New (to me) trick for loosening stuck bolts/nuts
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:03:38 -0400
List,
I have to pass this little trick on to you guys. I was telling my neighbor
how much trouble I was having removing a stuborn head bolt on my TR4A motor.
I had been soaking it with P-B Blaster for days with no improvement...
He suggested that I use a torch to heat the bolt, then place a candle on the
shank of the bolt right at the head and keep feeding more wax into the hole
for about a minute.  I tried it and the bolt came right out!
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a