Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...

To: portermd@zianet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The latest brouhaha about VTR...
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:37:56 EDT
Everyone,
OK you all need to know the truth about this issue.

In spite of the crap that has been written previously I as Chief Judge of VTR
took the advice of the Triumph List and expedited The Charles Macartney Daily
Driver Award thru the VTR board and received unanimous approval to institute
it.  The first award was given to Bill Alt at the TRF/VTR Convention.   A very
deserving non-Concours car that had been driven over 130,000 miles.  In 2004
this award went to none other then Herman VanDenAkker who drove his TR250 to
Richmond Virginia all the way from California.  Now to me - that is the
definition of daily driving.  His car exhibited all the qualities set forth in
the
guidelines for this award given to me by John Macartney himself.  To tell you
the truth that I went to all the effort to get this award instituted and
personally provided the trophies for this award at my own expense I felt a
little
offended by no discussion of this award on the Triumph List.

Now I'm being accused of being some elitist who doesn't drive my cars and all
that crap.  A lot of you know me personally and know this is NOT the truth.

Now in 2001 I was just coming on board as a VTR board member and knew nothing
of the proposed Charles Macartney Award.  I got this done for you guys and
never received any credit for the long hours creating guidelines with John and
getting it done.  Good grief how much of all this is spoken without knowledge
or understanding of what is happening.

Maybe if you were members you would see in the TVT what is actually
happening.

Darrell Floyd

p.s.  The Triumph garage in the woods is now complete, I'm very proud of it.
I've put a lot of work into it and it now landscaped under the wire for my
daughter's wedding.