VTR & TFest

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR & TFest
From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:28:05 -0700
The only way I could see the VTR national convention happening in the
southwest is if it were combined with Triumphest (TFest). Putting on a TFest
is a lot of work, but so is a VTR, and I believe that a small group like San
Diego doesn't want to host it for fear of getting "stuck" with doing a lot
more than they have volunteers for. They can handle a TFest, but a VTR? That
aside, let's look at some possibilities.

I've listed the past TFests and who's hosted them. It's always finally decided
on at the Presidient's meeting during TFest, for two years in advance. So, the
TSSC knows they'll host Tfest in 2006, and I'm sure they're talking about
already during their monthly meetings. At the next Tfest in San Diego, the
DCTRA "should" commit to hosting 2007, and next year they'll decide where
it'll be held. This gives the hosting club ample time to find appropriate
accommodations and provide proper planning. If another club wants to jump in
and host it'll be decided on at the President's meeting. So the schedule is
locked in for the next two years, but that's it.

1999 - San Luis Obispo - Triumph Travelers
2000 - San Diego  - TSCCSD
2001 - Ventura - TSSC
2002 - Laughlin - DCTRA
2003 - Riverside - SCTOA
2004 - Lake Tahoe - Triumph Travelers
2005 - San Diego - TSCCSD
2006 - ? - TSSC - usually on the coast
2007 - ? - DCTRA
2008 - ? - SCTOA - probably in LA area
2009 - ? - Triumph Travelers

So, if you look at the schedule, and I assume that this rotation will
continue, I would say that years 2007, 2008 & 2009 have the best shots at a
combined VTR/TFest. The DCTRA extends their influence into lower Nevada - so
maybe Las Vegas as a spot? The SCTOA is the greater Los Angeles basin, and the
beaches in summer are the best. Triumph Travellers have a very large territory
as well, so San Francisco to Reno is possible. The real key though is to get
one of these three clubs to do it. I rule out San Diego and TSSC because of
remoteness, but you never know. Lot's of possibilities.

For us west coasters, if you're thinking about creating some synergies by
joining VTR & TFest you need to talk to your groups at the monthly meetings -
and yes - you need to attend, and ... you need to volunteer!

Otherwise, it's just talk.

Johnnie