so much indignation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: so much indignation
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:05:15 -0700 (PDT)
TeriAnn Wakeman,
 Sorry I've no interest in offending. When I first brought my 3a home the
first thing I did was a web search and you with your restoration story
popped up. I admired your work and bookmarked it. Still in my IE favs.
 When I'm talking TR's, I'm speaking of 3's and roadsters as I have and
had. It and the Healeys all were not rollup window convertables and not
saloons or sedans of any marque. This brings another old story that more
or less touches the eliteist tone of late. The Healey fans, inc me, were
dismayed that the car ever went out of production and longed for the day
it would come back. Then rumor spread far and wide that it was. It was
said that Jensen was resurrecting it from the same body stamps. Hurrah.
But how down hearted we were to see it bore no resemblance to a real
Healey. The same applied to any "real E-Type" fancier about the XJS.
Ditto on many brands. As a bugs in-the-teeth real roadster guy, I've no
interest in rollups or fixed hardtops. Each to their own. I think it's a
quantum leap to go from Trs to Land Rovers in comparing. If you noticed I
lived in the UK 12 yrs and learned a bit about the country's cars.
 But this reminds me not to miss my daily dose of Marie on Everybody Loves
Ray.
Cheers Ed
daily driver: 95 Plymouth minivan (Elite)