Re: TR3a parts to (eBay or not to eBay)

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3a parts to (eBay or not to eBay)
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 22:58:09 -0600
Edward Anderson wrote:

>prices for the complete assemblies n/a at Moss etc. Thanks but I prefer
>not to for 2 good reasons. 1. I've looked there for the past 3yrs and
>never found much in parts. 2. These parts are rare to find and I prefer
>they go to genuine TR folks. You never know what someone buying on Ebay is
>going to do with them.

I respect your interest in selling to the Triumph faithful. And
seriously I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but who but genuine TR
folks are going to bid on rare TR3 parts? I recognize some of the eBay
names I've bid against -- they're genuine TR folks from this list.

I've found good TR4 parts on eBay, and bought spares for likely-to-break
parts before I bought a project car with five station wagon loads of
parts. You mentioned dash, gauges, engine parts; I had bought them all
on eBay. Even if you don't sell on eBay, an eBay search will tell you
the last TR3 dash didn't get any bids with a starting bid of $99. So
your dash value is somewhere between $0-99. ;) A gauge cluster sold for
about $175, that'll pay for some groceries.

Seriously, it'll at least give you a starting point. Then send an email
to the list with parts and prices, and whatever doesn't sell can go to
eBay or lower the price and try again.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2