Sorry, I tailored Mine/ New VTR BOD viewpoints

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sorry, I tailored Mine/ New VTR BOD viewpoints
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 00:31:03 -0400
Last year I did trailer both my TR3 and My Sports 6 to VTR Richmond, it was
the only way I could drive both in the autocross, if you have seen any of
the pictures from that event you would know I drove the wheels off the
Sports 6, (picture on back of Kas Kastner's New Book) I broke the motor and
rebuilt it with the help of some great new friends in the parking lot.

I have spent a lot of time preparing my car for the trip to Rockford,
however due to our increased workload I won't be able to drive, and it has
been questionable if I could even attend. Tonight I booked a flight just to
be able to attend the board meeting. I, like Blake have only been a member
of the BOD a few weeks, however I to have made a commitment that I would
give my all to making solid decisions that would benefit the Triumph
community. There will be good ideas to present and there may be some that in
the end, may wind up being the wrong idea. But I can assure you  they will
be acted on with the best of intensions. Your question will be who are they
intended for?  The answer; most everyone, mostly because I know you will not
please everyone. However that doesn't prevent us/me from trying.  This week
there have been many many new and fresh ideas presented by the board
members. I have yet to read a single idea presented that targeted a single
car and or group of members.

For many years I gave blood during local blood drives, not with the
expectation of needing it, I did it because it was best for our community.
However I did benefit from it, during my cancer surgery.  My point is,
paying the dues to become a member, (in most cases is only a few six packs)
can benefit the Triumph Community as a whole, with increased membership the
VTR would be able to offer more than it currently does, it could ultimately
lower the annual dues, offer start up contributions to hosting clubs,
therefore lowering event entry fees. Become more involved in VTR Regionals;
Contributions to potential host clubs may increase the willingness for clubs
to host more VTR regionals. It would be less of a financial burden. I
personally would like to see more regionals perhaps in the South West.

As far as Events go at our SE VTR regional, we have an emphasis on racing,
having guests like Kas Kastner and this year Bob Tullius, our main focus is
the driving events, we conduct one of the best autocross events around. We
aggressively drive these cars. And yes we wax them too.

Bottom line, New Board members, new and fresh ideas, Board members who have
joined because they are willing to put there money where there mouths are.
It is easy to complain, if you do, be willing to step up to the plate to
help if needed or when asked.

Ronnie Babbitt

VP-Region, Chapter & Zone Services