RE: Selling my '60 TR-3A (Nigerian scam clarification)

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Selling my '60 TR-3A (Nigerian scam clarification)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:04:44 -0700
> Nigeria is *factually* a center of online and offline fraud.
> The most famous email scam is even called "the Nigerian Scam"

But not all "Nigerian" scams come from Nigeria.  In fact, they arrested a fellow
living right here in SoCA that had, among lots of other things, been doing the
"Nigerian" scam.

Nor is eBay particularly a haven for scammers ... there have been lots of
reports of attempted scams from ads on the VTR web site too.  These guys
apparently target basically anything being sold long-distance.

Moral is, watch out for scammers no matter where they claim to be from.  And
never, ever trade "cash" with them.  Cashier's checks can be forged, so can
money orders, so can cash.

Probably the safest way for a seller is to use an escrow service.

Randall