Making Metal Brake Lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Making Metal Brake Lines
From: Chad Jester <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:35:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List--

I'm getting ready to put my TR250 on the road after
many years of sitting idle.  I think it would be a
good idea to replace the metal brake lines in addition
to the rubber lines.

I have found a couple of vendors that sell pre-bent
brake line kits.  I purchased a stainless steel set
for my '74 TR6.  It looked pretty simple.  The price
on the steel set is $199.  I think I can bend them up
myself for less than half of that.  Some
questions.....

1. Will a standard flaring tool be sufficient to make
the bubble flares?

2. Where can I buy the flare nuts?

3. Anyone with experience at this, please email me
with BTDT stories.

Thanks!

Chad