Re: Making Metal Brake Lines

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Making Metal Brake Lines
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:18:46 -0700
> 1. Will a standard flaring tool be sufficient to make
> the bubble flares?

Only a tool built for creating bubble flares can do bubble flares.
Eastwood among others makes a kit.  Just make sure it says that it does
bubble flares.

> 2. Where can I buy the flare nuts?

The American stuff fits but is NOT compatible and not safe to use with
British fittings.  Use British fittings on British spec cylinders.

I get mine from a company called Rover's North. they have a web site.
Last time I ordered some they had a complete line of British pipe
fittings for do it yourselfers.

> 3. Anyone with experience at this, please email me
> with BTDT stories.

BTDT???????

TeriAnn