Re: turn signel switch

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: turn signel switch
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:41:11 -0400
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alan Salvatore
  To: triumphs@autox.team.net ; 6pack
  Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 9:09 PM
  Subject: turn signel switch

  Rainy day projects.

  I had been having a problem with my turn signels, in that they don't
cancel.
  I once replaced the switch with a used one and that one at least canceled
itself on left turns but it eventually shorted out so I put my original back
in that doesn't cancel.
  I then get this bright idea that I'll put a new one in and that will solve
the problem.
  No such luck.  It barely hits the clip on the steering shaft.
  I don't see where the clip is worn down.  I can't even budge the clip so it
would hit in a different spot.
  I am going to order another clip hoping that maybe two of them doubled up
will make enough contact.
  I know that this is a problem that most of the cars seem to have because
when we caravan somewhere theres always someone getting honked at to turn
their directionals off.

  Has anyone solved this?

  Al Salvatore
  www.triumphowners.com/624