RE: turn signel switch

To: <beaker211@rogers.com>, "'Alan Salvatore'" <6parts@charter.net>,
Subject: RE: turn signel switch
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:08:10 -0700
I didn't really want to get involved in this discussion because it
congers up too many bad memories of when I had the same problem.  But
here goes:

First, there are at least 2 different switches and they are mated with
the canceling lobe in the proper shaft that matches the particular
switch type.
So you have to be sure you have them paired properly.

Next, you have to make sure that when the wheels are pointed straight,
the steering wheel is left straight and that lobe on the shaft is
pointing precisely left (between the canceling dogs of the switch if you
have the type with two dogs instead of one.

Finally, (as someone already pointed out) you have to be sure that the
dogs move freely and the lobe is contacting them.  Also b e sure that
the switch cancel action works.  You can do that last part woth the
switch out of the car.

I hope this helps.

Joe